The live machine
VIA WI-FI or ETHERNET CABLE
If you have a Merish 5 BASE, go to this page.
1.Check for a new version
It’s necessary to connect Merish5 to the Internet (via WI-FI USB or cable), then you go to OPTIONS and then UTILITIES. If in the “SOFTWARE UPDATE” button appears the yellow symbol of the update, this means that new version is available (Please note that release 2.3 is not yet available via wifi).
2.Update the Software
Go to OPTIONS then UTILITIES, click on “Software Update”. Merish5 Plus automatically downloads and installs the new latest version. Follow the instructions on the screen till the procedure is completed.
VIA USB STICK
NOTE: Make sure you have no other files named “m5SysSw.upd” in the Download folder of your PC.
1. Check the current Software Version of your Merish 5+Plus.
To check the system version number currently installed on your machine you just have to click on OPTIONS and then SYSTEM.
2.Download SOFTWARE VERSION 2.3
– The update version of Merish5 PLUS firmware can be downloaded as a .upd file clicking on THIS LINK.
– Once the file has been downloaded copy it on a USB stick.
– Remove USB stick from your PC.
3.Update the software on Merish5 PLUS
– Insert USB stick in one of USB ports of Merish5 PLUS.
– Wait until Merish5 recognizes the USB (the USB button shall be shown in the SONGS window).
– Touch OPTIONS and then UTILITIES, then touch the UPDATE button in the SOFTWARE UPDATE area.
– Merish5 PLUS recognizes the new firmware and it starts the updating procedure that will take a few minutes.
– Follow the instructions at the end of the procedure
(NOTE: at the end of the update procedure it is possible that Merish shows the “RESTART” button: in this case, please disconnect the USB stick, click on RESTART and when the Merish5 logo appears on the screen, just switch off and switch on again the machine).
– Wait for the Merish5 to start again, check the software version as indicated at point 1, in case the update has not been accomplished, please repeat the procedure.
Release date 23 January 2023
Possibility to select the precount for MTA files also on Main/Aux, in addition to the Click output (X2 only)
Fixed bugs on MTA (X2 only)
Fixed nomenclature problems on internal sound map
Fixed latency problems in the Master Keyboard during START/STOP of bases
Improved handling of corrupted tracks during database creation
Fixed bugs related to saving MTA files
Fixed bugs related to displaying MIDI and MP3 backing tracks on the TV
Fixed bugs in entering MTA and MP3 track information
Fixed some bugs on the graphical user interface (search, equaliser, playlist)
Prepares operating system for upgrade to XYNTHIA 2
Fixed some minor bugs on MIDI and MP3
Fixed problem of occasional small digital crackles when stopping
Release date October 10, 2021
– Fixed randomic problems on audio levels and click on main presence
– Fixed minor issues with MIDI, CDG, MTA and lyrics import
Release date February 08, 2021
– You can use the Prompter even in a network without Internet connection
– Fixed some minor bugs on MIDI and MP3
– Added “Audio Panic” functionality
(in case of serious audio problems, when Merish has no songs loaded, you can reset the internal sound card by holding the STOP button down for a few seconds. In few moments the sound card is reset. Use it carefully )
Release date October 26, 2020
Solved WiFi connection issues with some modem/router
Solved audio issues related to MP3’s play in not stadard situations
Improved possibility to play also very low audio quality MP3 files
Solved some minor issues with MP3+CDG e MTA
Solved some configurations issues on routing audio pages
Solved a issue related to efx for harmonizer voices
Release date July 22, 2020
MTA Count-In Settings from DJ screen
– Solved issue unexpected crash (when internet connection is not stable)
– Solved issue songnet availment with expired subscription
– Solved issue Harmonizer Keyboard modality
– Solved issue tone on MP3 –> MIDI jump
– Fixed bug visualization on tv screen
– Fixed bug German chars in Prompter and GrintaLive
– Fixed bug one or two chars searching
Confirmation recovery backup message added in Merish5Manager
Release date May 21, 2020
New reverb in microphone
Chance to import MTA using Merish5Manager
Extended compatibility with MIDI and MP3 files
Fixed bug in prompter
Fixed bug compatibility with some USB Master Keyboard
Fixed bug harmonizer effect in Keyboard modality
Chance to coloring text also in MIDI files with busy track 1
Release date Dec 9, 2019
“Audio Pro” and “Prompter” plug-in enabled, also with AllSong subscription
Chords in Italian format with tones and chance to import file chords in GMX format
Some fixed bugs in text and chords editing
Solved issue in WiFi public networks
Bug fixed MIDI OUT and click MIDI anomaly
Some fixed bugs in GrintaLive
Confirm cancel quick list messages added
Pedal connected notify added on effect screen opening
With this release, following update mode are also enabled:
VIA MERISH5 MANAGER
1. Download the software
NOTE: If you have Merish5 Manager installed , step 2 can be skipped.
– Update version of Merish5 Manager can be downloaded HERE for windows and HERE for Mac.
– Install the software and wait for the procedure to be accomplished.
2.Start transfer mode
– Turn on the Merish5.
– Connect Merish5 to the internet via WIFI or LAN from the page OPTIONS–NEWTWORK and wait for Merish5 to recognize the connection and gives the Connected notification.
– Go back to main page, leaving the OPTIONS area.
– In the main page without any uploaded song , 3 buttons are showed in the Karaoke text section
– Touch the button on the left, TRANSFER.
3.Steps on Merish5 Manager
– Check that your PC is connected to the same network of your Merish5
– Open Merish5 Manager on your PC/MAC.
– Wait for the Merish5 Manager to recognize Merish5 and to open the page with the list of the files on PC (left) and on Merish (right)
– Click on Options button (Gear Icon) on the upper side of the page.
– A page with 4 buttons will be shown, click on central button “SYSTEM UPDATE OF YOUR MERISH”, an uploading window will be shown, wait until the procedure is accomplished
– Close Merish5 Manager at the end, go back to Merish5 and exit the file data transfer mode.
– Go to OPTIONS–UTILITIES and in the Software Update area click on UPDATE.
1.Connection to the network
– Turn on Merish5.
– Connect Merish5 to WIFI or LAN in the OPTIONS–NETWORK page and wait for the Merish5 to recognize the connection and to indicate connected status in notifications.
2. Software Update
– From OPTIONS area Touch the UTILITIES
– In Software Update touch Update button.
– Merish5 will check for available online update and if any is found it will show a window with request to proceed with updating.
– Touch YES and wait for the end of the procedure.
– Once the procedure is accomplished, switch off and on again the machine.