(Latest version: ver. 1.71)
- Check the current firmware version
- At Merish’s startup you see a screen with the product logo: top right shows the firmware version currently installed. If the firmware version installed is the latest, there is no need to upgrade.
- Download the latest firmware
- The updated version of Merish’s firmware can be downloaded as a .zip archive by clicking here.
- Once you’ve finished downloading the firmware, extract all the files and copy them into a USB pen drive, putting them in the main directory (root) and not in a subfolder.
- Remove the USB pen drive from your PC.
- Update the firmware on Merish
- Disconnect any USB cable from Merish if present.
- Insert the pen drive into the USB port of Merish (switched off) and turn it on.
- Merish recognizes the presence of the new firmware and start the update process.
(Note: during the update process Merish may ask if you want to initialize the USB pen drive, in which case press ESC)
- Wait for Merish to return to the home screen that shows the TITLE panel before removing the USB pen drive.
Merish is now updated to the latest firmware version available.
Changes in Merish firmware version 1.71:
- Playlist export for Merish3
Changes in Merish firmware version 1.70:
- Improved compatibility with some USB pen-drives
Changes in Merish firmware version 1.69:
- Fixed some issues with the Edit function.
Changes in Merish firmware version 1.66:
- Fixed some issues with the playlists.
Changes in Merish firmware version 1.63:
- Fixed an issue with the loading of the Next Song.
- Fixed an issue with the visualization of the beats.
- Fixed an issue with the loading of MP3 files.
- Fixed an issue with the visualization of umlaut characters in playlist and Next Song (German version).
- Fixed an issue with the visualization of the beats following the 255th.
- Increased Karaoke text buffer from 210 to 350 rows.
- Fixed an issue with MIDI play when there are many text rows, chords or markers.
- Fixed some issues with the harmonizer.
- Fixed an issue with the visualization in the MIDI Edit panel when the files don’t have a Reverb, Chorus or Pan default value.
Changes in Merish firmware version 1.61:
- Fixed a bug introduced with the previous release.
Changes in Merish firmware version 1.60:
- Fixed an issue with MIDI IN on GEM keyboards.
- Optimization of index backup.
- Fixed an issue with the text decrypt on MP3.
- Fixed some bugs with ‘Advanced search’.
- Fixed an issue with chords display on tracks in Tune1000 format.
Changes in Merish firmware version 1.55:
- Fixed an issue with MIDI BIOS update.
Changes in Merish firmware version 1.54:
- Added “Solton” lyrics compatibility.
Changes in Merish firmware version 1.53:
- You can now use the alphabetical search, even within a filter: eg. You can search for “love” within the genre “Rock”.
- You can now search for a single word within the title (or interpreter, or genre) by selecting four or more letters of the keyword: eg. if I write “love”, the search will return is “Love is a losing game” and “All my love”.To activate this function go to: Menu > General Settings > Search mode > Advanced.
- It is now possible to enable a log of the played songs.
To activate this function go to: Menu > General Settings > Songs History > Yes: all the songs played will now be recorded in a list.To check the list, simply select Menu > Song History > ENTER, you will see the history of all the songs played, including the authors of the songs if they are present in the MIDI file
(NOTE: you can manually enter the authors through the supplied software Merish PC).An “history.txt” file will also be created on the root of the USB pen drive or Compact Flash drive. The file is a text document, readable with any PC and ready for printing.If the Merish is switched off to, you will be asked at the next start-up whether to continue recording the song on the current list, or if you want to start from scratch.
- Improved MIDI and MP3 file compatibility.
- Fixed a compatibility issue with some USB Pen drives.
- Fixed a compatibility issue with some TVs.
- Fixed some issues with the playlist management and information saving in the MIDI files.
- The reproduction of some types of MP3 files has been sped up.
- Fixed some issues with the database creation, some information about few songs were incorrect.
- Fixed some issues with the browsing by folder / filename.